13 January, 2011

The River Race


Once upon a time, I was in school. My teacher said to me that the class was going kayaking tomorrow and I was really excited. When I went home I told my mum. She said "are you excited?" I said "yes! very excited".

After a while I asked my mum would she get my shoes for the morning. I got dressed to go to school. When I got to school, everyone was talking about kayaking. Eventually, it was time to go on the bus. When I got on, I discovered that we were kayaking in Howth - this was a surprise!

When we arrived, each of us got a kayak. We were having great fun. I was splashing in the water with my friends.

Then suddenly, my teacher said we were all going down to a small river. So we got out and headed down to the source of the river where we were going to have a river race. Soon, it was my turn and I was playing my friend John. I started off and went my fastest... I won!! I had a fantastic feeling.

The next day my mum said we are going on holiday for my birthday next month .I could not wait.

The next month flew by and it was just a day to go. I was playing games all day.When I went to bed I had an awful dream but when I woke up I was really excited!

I got dressed and we drove to the airport, then we got on an airplane. When we arrived at the hotel, the first thing I did was go down to the pool. I had the best time of my life on holiday!

By Conor Darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment